My Family

My Family

Monday, December 1, 2014

Seeking Christ

I am silent much of the time on this blog because I generally feel like it's presumptuous to think that I have anything so valuable to say that anyone else needs to take the time to read it.  Well, today, I think I figured out something that might be of value to all of us, so here goes...

Now that we're entering the Christmas season, I see all the articles being thrown around about how to keep CHRIST in Christmas vs. "Happy Holidays" and materialism vs. simplicity.  I see all the Elf-on-the-Shelf pictures and see all the reasons why Santa has no place in the "truly" Christian home.  I also see (& feel) the pressure for all the musicals, "holiday" concerts, Nutcracker performances, the shopping and overall hustle & bustle that this season brings.  With all this going on, the reality is, Christ really does tend to get lost among all the clutter we have crammed into our lives.

I think it is time for those of us in this position to stop for a couple of minutes each day & do something together.  Look for Christ.  I am committing to stopping every single day (not just this season, but always) and look for HIM.  He is here.  He is here even today.  He is ACTIVE.  He is active even now.  What is He doing around you?  Are you still near to Him, or do you need to draw closer?  Am I working alongside Him or have I gotten distracted & wandered off on a tangent?  In our effort to raise children & be successful, have we remembered the reason, not only for this season, but for our very existence in the first place?  We exist for HIM.  We exist to bring praise to Him.  We are an extension of HIS hands & feet.  We live to point others towards Him & not towards our successes.  We are HIS people, the sheep of HIS pasture (Psalm 100:3).  We need to look for where He is and BE THERE.

So let's go!  I'll start.  Today, I saw Jesus right before staff meeting.  I was wrestling with a recent attack of sorts and in my Scripture reading, the Lord led me to a section of His Word which confirmed that my heart is seeking His will as it should.  I needed that confirmation today.  I thank His Spirit for bringing comfort to me right when I need it.  He not only did that for me today, He has done it countless times before.  He is faithful.  Thank you, Lord, for Your faithfulness.

Now it's your turn.  Where did you see Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment